Where to begin?
First of all, I am honored, grateful, humbled and blessed by all the love and support that I have received from everyone. Wow, I’m blown away!!
This has been a long process since I first envisioned this trip back in October 2015. I first told my friend Linda just the bare bones. She acted as if it were the most natural thing to do, but she does crazy stuff so of course she’d think my plan was a good idea.
Slowly, while researching the route and feasibility, I told one more friend and then another until no one I told flinched or told me I was insane.
Next, In January 2016, I launched full-on into gaining moral support and figuring out all the logistics.
The travel/bike portion of this trip feels doable and just on the fringes of my comfort zone. It’s the blogging, video, interviewing, social media part of this adventure which is new and scary, but a challenge I want to take on.
A special thanks to…
- The very creative Ms. Erika Dillman for setting up my blog and designing my card (she’s always looking for clients with unique projects). Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Peter Clark and posse at Counterbalance bike shop on the Burke Gillman Trail near University Village for their endless help and patience with me, my bike and bike gear.
- The Apple Store in the University Village for letting me ask the same questions over and over again sometimes in the same day.
- A HUGE shout-out to all the people for whom I housesat or stayed with over the past year in order to save money, so I could actually pull this off financially. A special shout-out to Ann T. and Jeannette C. for being off-the-charts generous with their personal space!
- Renton Technical College for being ever supportive of my comings and goings. I love my awesome co-workers and think the world of my bosses Jodi Novotny and Jenna Pollock…kick-butt women of the highest order!
- All my amazing friends and family who continuously support me, give me a helping hand, offer great advice and love me with all my flaws…too many to name (friends that is not flaws), but hopefully, you know who you are! THANK YOU!!